Grantmaking Focus Areas
Before you take the first step in applying for a grant from the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation, we ask that you please review and explore the Foundation’s focus areas to see if your program aligns with our mission and current strategies.
We accept grant applications year-round from nonprofit organizations impacting the communities in the following counties located in Western New York and Southeast Michigan and strategically working within one of our focus areas.
- St. Clair
Western New York
How do I apply for a grant?
All applications to the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation must be submitted through the Foundation’s Online Grants Portal powered by Fluxx. We do not accept applications or materials through the mail or email.
There are three (3) main steps to apply for a grant:
Step 1: Register your organization by creating an account on Fluxx – the Foundation’s Online Grants Portal through the following steps:
- Click the “Create an account now” button. Please note, Fluxx operates best by using the Google Chrome browser.
- Answer three questions to see if your organization meets the Foundation’s eligibility guidelines.
- If eligible, you will then be prompted to enter your organization’s information, Tax ID/EIN and the primary contact.
- After you submit the account request, you will be emailed a registration link and temporary password within 1-3 days to begin the application process.
Step 2: Submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) with the following information:
- A brief summary of your request
- A description of your project or program
- Statement of purpose and need
- Project start and end date
- Total program cost and amount requested
- Budget and other funding sources
- Audited financial statements, annual report, board and supporters list
If upon review, the LOI meets the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation’s current program interests and strategies, Foundation staff will invite you to submit a Full Proposal.
Step 3: Upon notification, please complete the Full Proposal section with the following information:
- Organization overview
- Project description, including: target population and benefits; bios and partners; staffing and oversight; post-grant funding
- Programmatic support, including: sustainability for program and other program funding sources
- Plans for evaluation
- Complete budget details
How will I be notified of a decision?
Applicants should receive an email confirmation of receipt of the LOI. All further status changes related to your request will be communicated by email and via status updates on the Online Application “Dashboard,” which is visible upon logging in to your account on the Grants Portal.
Apply For A Grant
Organizations in Western New York and Southeast Michigan within our core funding areas are now welcome to apply for Foundation grants through our Online Grants Portal powered by Fluxx.Apply now